Changing from security definer to security invoker without dropping ?

From: Laura Smith <n5d9xq3ti233xiyif2vp(at)protonmail(dot)ch>
To: postgre <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Changing from security definer to security invoker without dropping ?
Date: 2020-06-11 07:29:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Just curious if there is a way to switch a function from definer to invoker without dropping ?

We're working on improving the security posture by changing functions from definer to invoker, but I'm wondering what the best way to roll this out to production is given that dropping and re-creating functions could potentially cause upstream client hassles ?

Laura