pls help

From: "Jimmy Wu" <jwu(at)eservgroup(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pls help
Date: 2000-08-16 13:37:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

My name is Jimmy Wu. I work for a startup company called eServ. Our OS is
FreeBSD, web server is Apache, and I use PHP to write some web application
accessing PostgreSQL database(Version 7.0.2).
I have some questions:
1. I explicitly locked a table and the program somehow crashed. Then that
post process just sitting there never return the lock. How can I prevent
this from happening?
2. After the crash, I don't why...there are two duplicate rows in that
table. This should never happen since there are primary keys.

Please tell me what could cause this? Thank you very much for your time.

Jimmy