Question regarding strings . . .

From: "Peter E(dot) Chen" <pchen3(at)jhmi(dot)edu>
To: "Postgres (General)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Question regarding strings . . .
Date: 2002-01-07 21:22:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hey All,

I have a table with one column and one row (of datatype text). I am simply
trying to retrieve a substring from the column value. I've looked at the
built-in substring functions and I'd like to know what is the best way to do
this. What would the SQL statement (or possibly the PL/pgSQL code) look
like?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter

Johns Hopkins Institute of Genetic Medicine