Question regarding whether the Postgres JDBC driver supports password encryption . . .

From: "Peter E(dot) Chen" <pchen3(at)jhmi(dot)edu>
To: "Postgres (JDBC)" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Question regarding whether the Postgres JDBC driver supports password encryption . . .
Date: 2002-01-15 21:12:35
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hey All,

Does anyone know whether or not the Postgres JDBC driver supports password
encryption? I have set the AUTHTYPE to "encrypt" and I have been able to
successfully connect to the database with the JDBC driver. Does this mean
that the password via Postgres JDBC is encrypted? And if so, what type of
encryption is this?

Thanks in advance,
Peter