Returning records from function

From: ryan(dot)a(dot)roemmich(at)mail(dot)sprint(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Returning records from function
Date: 2001-06-26 17:07:20
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm moving to PostgreSQL from MS SQL Server. In MSSQL I usually create
stored procedures to return result sets based on the passed arguments.
I guess my question is: Is it possible to return multi-row data from
the PL/PGSQL functions of Postgres? It's rather easy to just return
one field for a particular row. I've played with the RECORD datatype
but it seems you can't return it from a function.

TIA,
Ryan Roemmich