Urgent Help : Use of return from function/procedure.

From: "Anagha Joshi" <ajoshi(at)nulinkinc(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Urgent Help : Use of return from function/procedure.
Date: 2003-06-23 05:42:02
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,
I'm new to postgres and using version 7.2.4

I've created a trigger and function which does the following:
trigger 'T' fires after insert on a spcific table takes place
and it executes function 'F'

Function 'F' returns the new record inserted by 'return new' statement.

Now my question is:
How can I use this 'new' value in my client program? In this prgm., I
want to know which all values are inserted into the table.

Help is appreciated.

Thx,
Anagha