GiN indexes

From: "Stavroula Gasparotto" <stavg(at)inet(dot)co(dot)za>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: GiN indexes
Date: 2010-08-31 12:14:52
Lists: pgsql-general

"Currently, only the B-tree, GiST and GIN index types support
multicolumn indexes."

What does this mean exactly if I'm trying to create a multicolumn GIN
index? Does this mean the index can contain one or more tsvector type
fields only, or can I combine tsvector type field with other type fields
in the index, such as a timestamp column?