server does not listen

From: Willem Duvenage <willem(at)amrsystems(dot)co(dot)za>
To: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: server does not listen
Date: 2012-09-03 09:08:56
Lists: pgadmin-support

Good morning
I'm really having some issues with my PostGis
It was working before then my pc crashed and I hade to do a complete format
After the format I installed opengoe suite and started it, then started PostGis
But for some reason I cant connect or create a new database
I've tried changing the postgresql.conf file and the pg_hba.conf file
Please I have no idea what is going on and making matters worse I'm no expert on this

I've attach my opengoe log here, and this is what my event viewer say
"
The description for Event ID 0 from source PostgreSQL cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

pg_ctl: PID file "C:/Users/willem/.opengeo/pgdata/willem/postmaster.pid" does not exist
"
"
The description for Event ID 0 from source PostgreSQL cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

pg_ctl: could not send stop signal (PID: 596): No such process
"
I did download the opengoe suite installer again and even after that I still cant connect

Please help me with this
I really need my PostGis to work again

Regards
Willem Duvenage
+27 882 77850
The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender. No animals were harmed in the transmission of this e-mail.