Re: glibc updarte 2.31 to 2.38

From: Paul Foerster <paul(dot)foerster(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general list <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: glibc updarte 2.31 to 2.38
Date: 2024-09-19 17:56:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Tom,

> On 19 Sep 2024, at 17:14, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
>
> No, I wouldn't expect that to be necessary.

I was hoping one of the pros would say that. 🤣

> Maybe. We don't really track glibc changes, so I can't say for sure,
> but it might be advisable to reindex indexes on string columns.

Advisable is a word I undfortunately can't do much with. We have terabytes and terabytes of data in hundreds of databases each having potentially hundreds of columns that are candidates. Just reindexing and taking down applications during that time is not an option in a 24x7 high availability environment.

Cheer,
Paul