Building libpq with Visual Studio 2015

From: Martin Dyring-Andersen <mda(at)spamfighter(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Building libpq with Visual Studio 2015
Date: 2015-10-20 12:33:14
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

New to this list so hoping this the appropriate place to ask.

I am looking to build a static x64 version of libpq from 9.4.5 source using Visual Studio 2015. As far as I can tell, there are two ways to go about it:

(from src)
nmake /f win32.mak CPU=AMD64

... which fails with an "left of lc_codepage specifies undefined struct/union __crt_locale_data" in chklocale.c(214).

And secondly invoking the build script residing in src/tools/msvc with "build libpq" - however it fails with unsupported VS version.

As far as I can tell from the Perl source, the last version that solution/project files can be created for is 12 so I guess it makes perfect sense.

Does anybody know if there is a patch floating around that adds support for VS 2015?

Thanks in advance.

Martin Dyring-Andersen