Trade Study on Oracle vs. PostgreSQL

From: "Wang, Mary Y" <mary(dot)y(dot)wang(at)boeing(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Trade Study on Oracle vs. PostgreSQL
Date: 2010-09-24 14:52:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,

We are starting a new project in my organization and need to have a database. I proposed that we use PostgreSQL. Because we already have the Oracle infrastructure in-house, I'm told that I need to do a simple trade study on Oracle vs. PostgreSQL. Based on the database requirements, it looks like we just need to create some relatively simple tables. I'd like to get buy-ins from my co-workers. I googled the web, and couldn't find anything that are more recent stuff. Does anyone have more recent information?

Thanks. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mary Wang