minor dependency issue with PostGIS 2.1.5 RPM and PostgreSQL version

From: Brian Panulla <bpanulla(at)propertyradar(dot)com>
To: pgsql-pkg-yum(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: minor dependency issue with PostGIS 2.1.5 RPM and PostgreSQL version
Date: 2015-02-24 17:06:46
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

We just upgraded our development PG server from PostGIS 2.1.3 to 2.1.5. The server was non-functional after the upgrade due to an outdated PostgreSQL…. we were running 9.2.8, and needed 9.2.9 or newer. We updated to 9.2.10 and all was well. It would be helpful if the PostGIS RPM let us know about the outdated dependency when we tried to upgrade.

Thanks for your work on the RPMs!

-B