Porting from PL/SQL to PLPGSQL

From: Jomon Skariah <jomons(at)aztec(dot)soft(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Porting from PL/SQL to PLPGSQL
Date: 2003-08-13 13:44:28
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

We are in the process of migrating of our application from Oracle to
PostGreSQL.

we are facing a few problems with PL/SQL Code..

1) In Exceptions ORACLE have something called WHEN OTHERS THEN cluase.I
can't find a replacement for that in
PostGreSQL.

2 Oracle have a function USERENV to get the user session
information.Is there any replacement available in PostGres. ?

3 Is there any replace available for INSTEAD OF INSERT/DELETE/UPDATE
for triggers in PostGreSQL.

Regards

Jomon Skariah.