OS/X and PL/PGSQL

From: Paul Ramsey <pramsey(at)refractions(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: OS/X and PL/PGSQL
Date: 2003-04-10 03:46:10
Lists: pgsql-general

I am having a very very odd time with PostgreSQL 7.3.2 and PL/PGSQL. I
am pretty sure that I have a working install of 7.3.2 and PL/PGSQL.
However, I don't now, for reasons which are not clear. I can create a
new database, and try to add PL/PGSQL to it, and the results are as
follows:

[Robin:~] pramsey% createdb pltest
CREATE DATABASE
[Robin:~] pramsey% createlang plpgsql pltest
ERROR: Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so failed: no error
message available
createlang: language installation failed

The library file *does* exist, and the permissions are all set so that
the library is readable. Any ideas on this one?

Paul Ramsey
Refractions Research
Email: pramsey(at)refractions(dot)net
Phone: (250) 885-0632