Re: Transactions and constraints

From: Emil Eifrém <emil(dot)eifrem(at)windh(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Transactions and constraints
Date: 2002-05-31 01:00:24
Lists: pgsql-general

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us]
Sent: Fri 5/31/2002 02:23
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Transactions and constraints

>Emil Eifrem <emil(dot)eifrem(at)windh(dot)com> writes:
>> Upon commit, we get the following error message:
>> "ERROR: my_ref referential integrity violation - key referenced from
>> table_b not found in table_a"

>I do not get an error with current sources. I believe this was fixed
>by Stephan Szabo's recent patch:
>
>http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql/src/backend/utils/adt/ri_triggers.c.diff?r1=1.32&r2=1.33
[snip]
>if you care to apply it locally with those repairs, it may hold you
>until 7.3 ...

Ok, thanks a lot for your prompt reply. I just got back from work, but I'll apply the patch to my vanilla 7.2.1 tomorrow and see how it works out.

And the obvious question: If we do manage to successfully patch it, how long do we need to hold out? Aka, do you know any tentative release date for 7.3?

-EE [emil(at)windh(dot)net]