Monitoring postmaster.log

From: "Walker, Jed S" <Jed_Walker(at)cable(dot)comcast(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Monitoring postmaster.log
Date: 2005-08-05 18:40:29
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am trying to setup rules to monitor the postmaster.log file, but I
don't see a way to do it cleanly. I want to monitor for FATAL and
PANIC, but the problem is that when someon give the wrong password
logging in, it gives a FATAL error and I don't want to be woken up in
the middle of the night because of a typo.

I don't see a parameter where you can disable the error level logged to
the postmaster log file for only session related events. Am I missing
something?

Thanks,

Jed.