create table like . . . constraint names

From: "Sahagian, David" <david(dot)sahagian(at)emc(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: create table like . . . constraint names
Date: 2012-08-24 13:27:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there any way for me to control the name of the (unique or primary) constraints that get created when doing a "create table like parent-table" statement ?

I use this statement to create the new table in a different schema than the one in which the parent-table lives, and I would like the constraint names to be the same as those of the parent-table.

thanks,
-dvs-