WG: Extension using the current connection handle

From: "Brandl, Wolfgang" <wolfgang(dot)brandl(at)brz(dot)gv(dot)at>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: WG: Extension using the current connection handle
Date: 2017-12-13 12:59:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello
I have written a extension in postgres to call a Oracle Stored procedure.
We have a Postgres table holding the usernames and password related to the Oracle SID.

In my extension I wanted to select the username and password out of this table.
Do I have to make a new Postgres connection or can I somehow use the current connection handel from the session Where the extension will be called?

Regards
Wolfgang