Re: Confusing terminology

From: "carl garland" <carlhgarland(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us, peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Confusing terminology
Date: 2002-01-19 04:13:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>Maybe it's time for someone to prepare an "official" glossary that sets
>out all these terms carefully, so that people will have something to
>refer to when they're trying to pick a word to use.

Maybe we could coax Robert Easter to add to his already wonderful page
of Essential Database Terminology that is linked off the techdocs page
a section which is Postgres specific terminology.... having them in
the same place would prevent duplication of effort and his existing
glossary is very well done IMO.
Best Regards,
Carl Garland