Postgres user

From: "Varsha Agarwal" <varsha_agarwal(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres user
Date: 2002-07-26 02:00:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I have just installed postgresql on red hat. To use psql command i have to
do
su postgres.
But i can only do su postgres when I log on as root. When I logon as other
user and do su postgres, it asks for password and i dont know what that is.
Is it always to be run as root only or I can run it as normal user?
-Varsha