RE: Performance on inserts

From: Franck Martin <Franck(at)sopac(dot)org>
To: "'Bruce Momjian'" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: RE: Performance on inserts
Date: 2000-10-15 23:09:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Could you add to the TODO:

support of binary data (eg varbinary type)

I think the above is not trivial, as I think the parser choques on \00 bytes
at several levels...

I had a check on the TODO and it seems that TOAST is not planned anymore for
7.1. Is it true?

Franck Martin
Database Development Officer
SOPAC South Pacific Applied Geoscience Commission
Fiji
E-mail: franck(at)sopac(dot)org <mailto:franck(at)sopac(dot)org>
Web site: http://www.sopac.org/ <http://www.sopac.org/>

This e-mail is intended for its recipients only. Do not forward this
e-mail without approval. The views expressed in this e-mail may not be
neccessarily the views of SOPAC.