Syntax problem!

From: "mohamed imdadullah" <imdad_md(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Syntax problem!
Date: 2003-04-03 07:55:22
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all,

I am moving the database from sybase to postgresql.Iam having problem
replacing the following similar syntax from sybase to postgres sql could
anybody help me out? It doesnt seem to recognize the '?' operator though it
works fine in Sybase.

select * from version where version_nr =?;
ERROR: Unable to identify a postfix operator '=?' for type 'integer'
You may need to add parentheses or an explicit cast

I am sure there must be some replacement in postgres, i havent been able to
find it though. I would appreciate if anybody could help me out.

regards
pgsqlnovoice