Re: pgsql: Add notBefore and notAfter to SSL cert info display

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: kolioffx+pgbf(at)gmail(dot)com, Jacob Champion <jacob(dot)champion(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pgsql: Add notBefore and notAfter to SSL cert info display
Date: 2024-03-22 21:17:07
Lists: pgsql-committers

> On 22 Mar 2024, at 21:30, Daniel Gustafsson <dgustafsson(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:
>
> Add notBefore and notAfter to SSL cert info display

plover running OpenBSD 6.9 is unhappy since apparently LibreSSL only added ASN
time diffing in the OpenBSD 7.1 release. Version 6.9 is out of support from
OpenBSD with 7.4 being the latest (they support 2 releases), but I guess we are
more forgiving in what we support? (We have only defined a minimum supported
version of OpenSSL, we should do the same for LibreSSL since it's right now
unclear what we support and for how long.) Adding checks for symbol existence
in autoconf/meson seems like the only way forward for now.

--
Daniel Gustafsson