RE: Unknown values in int8 fields?

From: "Robby Slaughter" <webmaster(at)robbyslaughter(dot)com>
To: "Chris Ruprecht" <chrup999(at)yahoo(dot)com>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Unknown values in int8 fields?
Date: 2001-07-16 02:24:15
Lists: pgsql-sql

I've not been following this too closely but it sounds like you are
trying to COPY records from table A to table B, where the table B
also includes a serial value.

Here's an easy trick which I'm pretty sure will work: instead of
using COPY use SELECT INTO. It's much slower but I think it will
do the trick.

Good luck! HTH.

-Robby