Need A Suggestion

From: "Lane Van Ingen" <lvaningen(at)esncc(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Need A Suggestion
Date: 2005-10-10 19:40:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I am working on the development of a military application which uses
PostgreSQL trigger functions. I cannot (unfortunately) tell you specify use,
being as it is classified.

What I need the ability to occasionally call (execute) a .exe program object
outside of the database from within the function (either during or at the
end of the function would be acceptable), giving an explicit path and
command line parameters. It is understood that in doing such the call will
need to be brief in order to avoid slowing up PostgreSQL in any way. Can
anybody make a suggestion as to how to do that, or inform me if there is a
way to do thisa lready?

I have already consulted to other mailing lists for help, with no results. I
am a Windows 2003 user, version 8.0.1