Re: persistent portals/cursors (between transactions)

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Florian Wunderlich" <fwunderlich(at)devbrain(dot)de>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: persistent portals/cursors (between transactions)
Date: 2002-01-25 16:57:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Really ? VACUUM FULL conflicts with AccessShareLock from the
first. If new vacuum does wrong thing with persistent read-only cursors
it would do the wrong thing with the current cursors as well.
Of cource as Vadim mentioned before, HeapTupleSatisfiesVacuum()
should take the transaction id in which the cursor was opened into
account.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue