Re: timeout implementation issues

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Jessica Perry Hekman" <jphekman(at)dynamicdiagrams(dot)com>, "Jan Wieck" <janwieck(at)yahoo(dot)com>, "Barry Lind" <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: timeout implementation issues
Date: 2002-04-07 07:59:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Session metadata IMHO. If there are(would be) database state
variables we should introduce another command for them.
For example I don't think QUERY_TIMEOUT is such a variable.
As I mentioned many times we can set QUERY_TIMEOUT before
each query. If the overhead is an issue we can keep track of the
varaible and reduce the command calls to minimum easily.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue