Re: Postgres Women talk at pgconfeu

From: Renee <renee(dot)phillips(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Lætitia Avrot <laetitia(dot)avrot(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-women(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres Women talk at pgconfeu
Date: 2019-06-20 13:24:10
Lists: pgsql-women

Yes. It should absolutely be a technical topic. There are plenty of places for men to go to hear what it’s like to be a woman in tech. We don’t need to spend the time of five or six women to keep telling them it’s hard and here’s one weird trick we use to make our days easier (argh, I give a D&I talk, I would never ask anyone to give a D&I talk, it’s really quite stressful and a lot of vulnerability)

So now the questions are what technical topics do we want to be on a panel about?

My work experience is with QA and for fun I’m building a selenium scraper to get some public data from New York City which I will then put into Postgres and clean and then hopefully combine with other data and then learn something.