RE: SQLExecDirectW returns SQL_SUCCESS even if sql finishes with error

From: "Takahashi, Ryohei" <r(dot)takahashi_2(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: "'Inoue, Hiroshi'" <h-inoue(at)dream(dot)email(dot)ne(dot)jp>
Cc: "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: SQLExecDirectW returns SQL_SUCCESS even if sql finishes with error
Date: 2018-11-01 06:57:42
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi Inoue-san,

Thank you for replying.

> Why do you set client_min_messages to fatal in the first place?

Actually, my customer used PostgreSQL with default settings at first.
He wanted to reduce server logs later and set log_min_messages = fatal and client_min_messages = fatal.

I know client_min_messages does not reduce server logs and recommended him to change client_min_messages again.

Anyway, I think it is a problem that SQLExecDirectW() returns SQL_SUCCESS even if sql finishes with error.

Regards,
Ryohei Takahashi