accessing field properties

From: "Campbell, Scott" <scampbell1(at)mtt(dot)ca>
To: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: accessing field properties
Date: 2000-08-15 20:38:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm wondering if it is possible to access the properties of an attribute?
i.e. if a given field is a foreign key or primary key, or if it is integer
or varchar, etc.

Is it possible to do this? I know postgres stores all of its informations in
other tables, i.e. pg_tables etc, so is this information available in one of
those tables?

What I'm ultimatly trying to do is grab this information through a web/perl
interface using DBI and use it to construct the webpage.

Thanks
Scott Campbell