Re: asynchronous commit&synchronous replication

From: "Andrey M(dot) Borodin" <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
To: Konstantin Knizhnik <knizhnik(at)garret(dot)ru>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: asynchronous commit&synchronous replication
Date: 2024-08-10 13:03:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 10 Aug 2024, at 17:25, Konstantin Knizhnik <knizhnik(at)garret(dot)ru> wrote:
>
> So should we take in account sync replication in LR apply worker or not?

There was some relevant discussion of this topic on PGCon2020 Unconference [0].
My recollection is that it would be nice to have LR slot setting akin to synchronous_standby_names which describes what kind of durability guarantees should be met by streamed data.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

[0] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgCon_2020_Developer_Unconference/Edge_cases_of_synchronous_replication_in_HA_solutions