Multiple databases

From: Noah Silverman <noah(at)allresearch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Multiple databases
Date: 2003-01-14 20:51:16
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

A quick configuration question for everybody...

When we create more than one database with psql, it appears as if
everything is thrown into the same directory.
I can understand having all the tables and indexes for a given database
in the same directory, but multiple databases?

Do we need to configure something differently, or is this just how
postgres works?

Thanks,

-Noah