Login from Remote Client

From: "Bee(dot)Lists" <bee(dot)lists(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Submit Postgresql Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Login from Remote Client
Date: 2017-08-09 21:43:59
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi folks.

Using a LAN tool, I can’t seem to see my LAN server sharing psql. It works on the machine (I can ssh and use it just fine) but the port 5432 isn’t open.

I’ve modified the pg_hba.conf as such:

host all user1 192.168.1.9 md5
host all user2 192.168.1.9 md5

The postgresql.conf file was also edited:

listen_addresses = 'localhost' # what IP address(es) to listen on;
port = 5432 # (change requires restart)
max_connections = 100 # (change requires restart)
superuser_reserved_connections = 3 # (change requires restart)

password_encryption = on

I’m not sure why I can’t even see the port open, and there is no firewall. It’s on the LAN, and the router isn’t blocking it. I’m sure I’m missing something. pg_ident.conf is not being used, and is functionally blank.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers, Bee