Statement_timeout effect on replication user

From: Teja Jakkidi <teja(dot)jakkidi05(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Statement_timeout effect on replication user
Date: 2024-08-07 20:47:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello Postgres Admins,

I am trying to set statement_timeout parameter to 1 hour at instance level due to some production issues that we have noticed with long running queries.
We also have hot stand by replication setup using a user with replication privilege. Now, if I setup statement_timeout at instance level, will this affect the replication session as well?

Thanks,
J. Teja.