Re: Running PostGre on DVD

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Rod Taylor" <pg(at)rbt(dot)ca>, "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>
Cc: "Pollard, Mike" <mpollard(at)cincom(dot)com>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Running PostGre on DVD
Date: 2005-11-15 16:49:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We do. You can't run from the command line as an admin, but when
installed as a service you can start/stop it etc. as an admin, even
though the service actually runs under a low privilege account.

You can start/stop etc from the command line using 'net start', from the
services control panel applet, or using shortcuts we provide on the
start menu.

Regards, Dave