Re: postgresql odbc driver 7.3+ Visual Studio .Net

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <paul(at)diterwich(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgresql odbc driver 7.3+ Visual Studio .Net
Date: 2005-11-04 08:30:25
Lists: pgsql-odbc

________________________________

From: pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
[mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org] On Behalf Of Leendert Paul
Diterwich
Sent: 28 October 2005 09:35
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [ODBC] postgresql odbc driver 7.3+ Visual Studio .Net

Dear All,

I'm building a ms.net database connected application that
connects via PostgreSQL.
I'm having this problem for a while but perhaps you guys know
what is going on.
When I use the 7.3 driver then everything works ok! But when I
use a later version of the 8.* series
I get ODBC exeptions. When I check the debugger message the ODBC
exception is empty.
Also the log is empty no errors whatsoever. So currently I'm
using the 7.3 driver, but do you guys perhaps
know what has changed in the driver that might explain the
behavior?

There have been some major changes, though I'm beginning to get the
impression this morning that few people have tested them :-(

Can you reproduce the problem with 08.01.0006? With mylog switched on,
can you see what function it actually crashes in? (it probably won't
show any crash, just end abruptly).

Regards, Dave.