Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Gevik Babakhani" <gevik(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.
Date: 2005-06-10 07:49:21
Lists: pgsql-www

No, not entirely bye--bye vision :-). The idea is to use Bricolage to
generate the template* content that will be automatically integrated
with the main website (because the main site is built entirely from CVS,
I invisage the output from Bricolage being automatically checked into
the pgweb CVS - probably by a cron job). This will still need
integration with the main site, work in Bricolage to setup templates
etc, configuration of the auto-checkin of templates to the pgweb CVS,
and some way to navigate all the content. I'm not entirely sure that the
treeview idea will work - that will need investigation.

* Note there is conflicting use of the word template here. Bricolage (as
I understand it) inserts content into templates to produce the output.
In our framework it's the other way round - the template contains the
content, and the framework applys the formatting to it to produce the
output. So, content + a Bricolage template should be able to produce a
pgweb template!

Regards, Dave.