Re: Applying new design

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "Alexey Borzov" <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Applying new design
Date: 2004-09-14 16:11:42
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi Peter,

The design was submitted by a guy called Lukasz who was kind enough to
produce it for us for free. When it was submitted I forwarded the design
to the list and the overwhelming response was that everyone thought it
was just what we wanted. As I recall, the only, even slightly negative
comment was that we should maybe try a non-shiny version of the logo.

Whilst I agree that the eye does look for lines and edges, in this case
I think the lines are sufficiently sharp that they do the job they are
intended to, but are soft enough to retain the style that we all liked.

Regards, Dave.