Re: NC Triangle PUG

From: "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jonathan(dot)katz(at)excoventures(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, David Wagoner <David(dot)Wagoner(at)sas(dot)com>, mm(at)opscode(dot)com, Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>, Andrei Mitran <andrei(at)ivc(dot)com>
Subject: Re: NC Triangle PUG
Date: 2013-09-20 15:47:44
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www triangle-nc-pug

Hi Andrew,

On Sep 20, 2013, at 11:33 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> During some discussions at Postrgres Open this week, a number of us thought it would be a good idea to start (or is it revive) a PUG for the NC Triangle (that's the Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill area for those of you who don't live here :-) ). I understand that the first thing to kick this off is a note to the advocacy mailing list, which is what I'm doing here. If we get enough momentum, monthly meetings with a speaker and refreshments would be a great goal. A longer term goal might be a conference day - I don't think there is one held in the whole of the SouthEast.
>
> If people want to discuss, I'm currently sitting on an irc channel called #trianglepug on Freenode. Offers of resources will be gratefully received, I'm sure.

Glad to see the kickoff! I would recommend starting a Meetup group on meetup.com to help organize the monthly events. Do you already have a mailing list or do you need one created? The two avenues people are using are either using the one Meetup provides or having someone on the pg_infra team set one up. Once you have a mailing list, I can add the NC Triangle pug to our community list.

Thanks,

Jonathan