Reproducing query plans in empty database: can I just copy stats and settings?

From: Guyren Howe <guyren(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Reproducing query plans in empty database: can I just copy stats and settings?
Date: 2019-07-29 19:07:24
Lists: pgsql-general

I work with Protected Health Information so have restricted access to an important database.

I would like to look into index and query changes for that database. It occurs to me that if I was able to reproduce the statistics and cost settings for the database, then Explain would produce identical results to the production database.

Can do this? Any other advice?