Re: drop tablespace error: invalid argument

From: Jan Otto <asche(at)me(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, stephen(at)stephen-tyler(dot)com
Subject: Re: drop tablespace error: invalid argument
Date: 2009-11-09 15:32:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>>> Hmm ... can't reproduce this here, not even on OSX. From the
>>> version
>>> number I suspect you are using unreleased Snow Leopard. I'd venture
>>> it's a newly-introduced kernel bug and you need to talk to Apple
>>> about
>>> it.
>
>> Thank you Tom. I will file a bugreport at Apple.
>
> Hey Jan, did you get any response to that bug report? Somebody else
> dug up a document suggesting that this might be intentional on Apple's
> part:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2009-11/msg00040.php
>
> If he's right, we have a nontrivial problem here :-(

no this is not intentional. i got late (22. Oct 2009) feedback from
apple that my reported bug was marked as duplicate.

quoting apple:
"After further investigation it has been determined that this is a
known issue, which is currently being investigated by engineering.
This issue has been filed in our bug database under the original Bug
ID# 6795764."

regards, jan otto