views in 8.0

From: "Jason Tesser" <JTesser(at)nbbc(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: views in 8.0
Date: 2005-01-11 12:43:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Can you insert and update data in views in 8.0 I know you cannot in 7.4. I am asking because I want to make new structure for my backend but for legacy apps I need to keep the old sturcture also. I was hoping to use views to accomplish this by making the new structure and give the old apps view with the same name as the old tables. :-) I guess I can also do this by writing alot of rules but that would get messy quick I think.