Help with a not match

From: "Campbell, Lance" <lance(at)illinois(dot)edu>
To: "pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Help with a not match
Date: 2018-11-09 16:46:33
Lists: pgsql-sql

Use case:
I have a table I will call “tableA”. It has two columns. One column is an “id” that is an integer primary key. The second field is a text field called “content”.

In the “content” field there may or may not be this substring “/files/{id}/” . Note that {id} represents the field id for that record. I want to find any rows where content contains “/files/###/” where the ### does not match the id for the row. Also note that the id could be 1 to five digits. Also there could be good and bad substrings in the content field.

Example where a row is fine:
Id=123
Content=”abc”

Id=345
Content=”abc files/345/ abc files/345/”

Example where a rows are not good:
Id=123
Content=”abc files/456/”

Id=123
Content=”abc files/123/ abc files/456/”

Could you please help me with the proper way to write this SQL statement?

Select id from tableA where content like …

Thanks,

Lance