pgsql: Revert "Allow parallel workers to cope with a newly-created sess

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Revert "Allow parallel workers to cope with a newly-created sess
Date: 2024-08-01 00:57:14
Lists: pgsql-committers

Revert "Allow parallel workers to cope with a newly-created session user ID."

This reverts commit 48536305370acd75c6264fcefec7fae7af8c5440.

Some buildfarm animals are failing with "cannot change
"client_encoding" during a parallel operation". It looks like
assign_client_encoding is unhappy at being asked to roll back a
client_encoding setting after a parallel worker encounters a
failure. There must be more to it though: why didn't I see this
during local testing? In any case, it's clear that moving the
RestoreGUCState() call is not as side-effect-free as I thought.
Given that the bug f5f30c22e intended to fix has gone unreported
for years, it's not something that's urgent to fix; I'm not
willing to risk messing with it further with only days to our
next release wrap.

Branch
------
REL_15_STABLE