pgsql: Add comments and a missing CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS in ts_headline.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Add comments and a missing CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS in ts_headline.
Date: 2022-11-21 22:07:46
Lists: pgsql-committers

Add comments and a missing CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS in ts_headline.

I just spent an annoying amount of time reverse-engineering the
100%-undocumented API between ts_headline and the text search
parser's prsheadline function. Add some commentary about that
while it's fresh in mind. Also remove some unused macros in
wparser_def.c.

While at it, I noticed that when commit 78e73e875 added a
CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS call in TS_execute_recurse, it missed
doing so in the parallel function TS_phrase_execute, which
surely needs one just as much.

Back-patch because of the missing CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS.
Might as well back-patch the rest of this too.

Branch
------
REL_15_STABLE

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/0353db996e37c6b923863ee648f4d2f153bf619d

Modified Files
src/backend/tsearch/ts_parse.c | 13 ++++++++
src/backend/tsearch/wparser_def.c | 4 ---
src/backend/utils/adt/tsvector_op.c | 3 ++
src/include/tsearch/ts_public.h | 61 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------