pgsql: Remove pg_dump/pg_dumpall support for dumping from pre-9.2 serve

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Remove pg_dump/pg_dumpall support for dumping from pre-9.2 serve
Date: 2021-12-14 22:09:26
Lists: pgsql-committers

Remove pg_dump/pg_dumpall support for dumping from pre-9.2 servers.

Per discussion, we'll limit support for old servers to those branches
that can still be built easily on modern platforms, which as of now
is 9.2 and up. Remove over a thousand lines of code dedicated to
dumping from older server versions. (As in previous changes of
this sort, we aren't removing pg_restore's ability to read older
archive files ... though it's fair to wonder how that might be
tested nowadays.) This cleans up some dead code left behind by
commit 989596152.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/2923349.1634942313@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
https://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/30e7c175b81d53c0f60f6ad12d1913a6d7d77008

Modified Files
doc/src/sgml/ref/pg_dump.sgml | 19 +-
src/bin/pg_dump/dumputils.c | 32 +-
src/bin/pg_dump/pg_backup_archiver.c | 9 +-
src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dump.c | 1846 +++++++---------------------------
src/bin/pg_dump/pg_dumpall.c | 272 +----