pgsql: Fix actively-misleading comments about the contents of struct pg

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Fix actively-misleading comments about the contents of struct pg
Date: 2021-09-06 15:43:50
Lists: pgsql-committers

Fix actively-misleading comments about the contents of struct pg_tm.

pgtime.h documented the PG interpretation of tm_mon right alongside
the POSIX interpretation of tm_year, with no hint that neither
comment was correct throughout our code.

Perhaps someday we ought to switch to using two separate struct
definitions to provide a clearer indication of which semantics are
in use where. But I fear the tedium-versus-safety-gain tradeoff
would not be very good.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/CAJ7c6TOMG8zSNEZtCn5SPe+cCk3Lfxb71ZaQwT2F4T7PJ_t=KA@mail.gmail.com

Branch
------