pgsql: Improve what pg_strsignal prints if we haven't got strsignal(3).

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Improve what pg_strsignal prints if we haven't got strsignal(3).
Date: 2019-08-27 21:25:02
Lists: pgsql-committers

Improve what pg_strsignal prints if we haven't got strsignal(3).

Turns out that returning "unrecognized signal" is confusing.
Make it explicit that the platform lacks any support for signal names.
(At least of the machines in the buildfarm, only HPUX lacks it.)

Back-patch to v12 where we invented this function.

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/3067.1566870481@sss.pgh.pa.us

Branch
------
master