pgsql: Fix failure-to-read-man-page in commit 899bd785c.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Fix failure-to-read-man-page in commit 899bd785c.
Date: 2017-09-26 17:43:26
Lists: pgsql-committers

Fix failure-to-read-man-page in commit 899bd785c.

posix_fallocate() is not quite a drop-in replacement for fallocate(),
because it is defined to return the error code as its function result,
not in "errno". I (tgl) missed this because RHEL6's version seems
to set errno as well. That is not the case on more modern Linuxen,
though, as per buildfarm results.

Aside from fixing the return-convention confusion, remove the test
for ENOSYS; we expect that glibc will mask that for posix_fallocate,
though it does not for fallocate. Keep the test for EINTR, because
POSIX specifies that as a possible result, and buildfarm results
suggest that it can happen in practice.

Back-patch to 9.4, like the previous commit.

Thomas Munro

Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/1002664500.12301802.1471008223422.JavaMail.yahoo@mail.yahoo.com

Branch
------