pgsql: Fix uninitialized memory propagation mistakes

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql: Fix uninitialized memory propagation mistakes
Date: 2017-03-27 17:59:46
Lists: pgsql-committers

Fix uninitialized memory propagation mistakes

Valgrind complains that some uninitialized bytes are being passed around
by the extended statistics code since commit 7b504eb282ca2f, as reported
by Andres Freund. Silence it.

Tomas Vondra submitted a patch which he verified to fix the complaints
in his machine; however I messed with it a bit before pushing, so any
remaining problems are likely my (Álvaro's) fault.

Author: Tomas Vondra
Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/20170325211031.4xxoptigqxm2emn2@alap3.anarazel.de

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/6462238f0d7b7c15eb3f54c2108573cee8fb24ba

Modified Files
src/backend/statistics/mvdistinct.c | 89 ++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
src/include/statistics/statistics.h | 7 +++